Saft BA 5590 B/U, BA 5590 A/U, BA 5590 HC (High Capacity)
Li-SO2 primary battery system, a battery for various military applications (see below)
The battery that will ship is the BA-5590 B/U
Chemistry: Lithium Sulfur Dioxide (Li-SO2)
Typical Weight (g/oz): 1000 / 35.3
Voltage: 12.0 Volts or 24.0 Volts
Capacity: 7500 mAh
Color: Military Green
Width (mm/in): 62.2 / 2.45
Height (mm/in): 111.8 / 4.40
Depth (mm/in): 127.0 / 5.00
Battery Case: Plastic
Contacts: 6 Position Connector
• Li-SO2 primary battery system
• 10 LO 26 SX cells connected in 2 groups of 5 cells in series providing 2 nominal 12 V
sections at connector.
These sections can be connected in series (for 24 V) in parallel (for 12 V) or used
as two separate 12 V units.
• A non-replaceable fuse is incorporated in the negative leg of each series group of cells.
• A normally closed high temperature switch or thermal fuse is incorporated into each series group
of cells to protect against overheating.
• A diode is incorporated into the positive leg of each series group of cells to prevent charging or
flow of current into the battery.
• A device consisting of a manually activated pull tab and resistors designed
to discharge the battery to 0 V is built into the battery.
• AN/PRC-104 Radio
• AN/PRC-113 Radio
• AN/PRC-117 Radio
• AN/PRC-119 Singcars Radio
• KY-57, KY-65 Encryption Set
• REMBASS Remotely Monitored Battlefield Surveillance System
• PLRS Position Locator and Reporting System
• RT-991 Buoy Radio
• RT-1175 Buoy Radio
• AN/TAS-4A TOW Night Sight